Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cascada

Cascada

Born Natalie Horler in Bonn, Germany on September 23, 1981, and is of English descent. As she explains it, "As my parents had moved from England to Germany a year earlier, I grew up here with them and my two sisters. My mother Christine is a foreign language teacher and my father David is a jazz musician with the WDR Big Band in Cologne. It is, of course, from him that I inherited my passion for music. He taught himself everything he knows from a young age, and has made such an enormous success of himself that I can only hope to achieve what he has today."

Who is Cascada?


"When I was very young I would often do recordings in my father's studio at home, a lot of the time Jazz and Disney songs. I could never really say when I started singing. I just enjoyed it so much and I knew at a very, very early age that I wanted to be a singer. Also, I've always taken different kinds of dancing lessons, like step dance, jazz dance, hip-hop and street dance, and have acted in a few amateur plays as a teenager. As my father often directed the music of these plays, I also helped him with the vocal recordings and rehearsals. Next to dance music, I also love soul music and due to my father, I love jazz as well." When asked who she admires, Natalie answers, "I admire just about anyone who has a set of vocals to die for! Really, it doesnt matter who it is; if it's Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Lauryn Hill, Boyz II Men or just someone I happen to hear singing gospel music in church-- I'll listen and love it!"&nbsp;<br /><br />On how Cascada came to be, Natalie explains... "At eighteen I started doing studio work. Here and there I'd record some tracks for different DJ's and that's how I ended up meeting Manuel Reuter (Manian) and Yann (Yanou). We did a couple of songs together and they soon became quite successful."





Cascada is comprised of singer Natalie Horler and two DJ/producers Yanou and DJ Manian. Cascada (formerly known as Cascade) is recognized around the world as the trio behind the hit songs "Miracle" and "Everytime We Touch".

The project was originally named "Cascade", but was changed due to legal conflicts to "Cascada". The name "Cascade" can be found on some older CDs and records put out by the group, namely the first editions of their hit song "Miracle", but this error was soon corrected. The original versions are now out of stock and production, and may very well be considered a piece of history in the long run.

Cascada has worked on many projects for DJ Manian and a 2 Vibez song produced by Bass-T entitled "Sometimes". Yanou and DJ Manian create the beats and melodies that power Cascada's tracks.

Cascada released the album Everytime We Touch on February 21, 2006.

In December 2005 Cascada released a cover of Maggie Reilly's "Everytime We Touch" in the United States. The song peaked at #10 on March 11, 2006 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, #5 on the Billboard Pop 100 chart, #4 on the Billboard Hot Digital chart, and #1 on the Billboard Dance Radio Airplay chart. Robbins ENT has stated that they are excited by the success of this single without a ballad version to carry it on radio.





Everytime We Touch (2005–2007)

Cascada experienced mainstream success in the United Kingdom and the United States almost a year after releasing their second American single, "Everytime We Touch", which interpolates the chorus of a 1992 Maggie Reilly song of the same name. The song gained platinum and gold certifications across the globe, being certified platinum by the RIAA. Soon after the popularity of the single skyrocketed, an album was recorded and released in a matter of months, and a music video for "Everytime We Touch" was also distributed for promotion.
A total of eight singles were released from the album, four of which have been released in the United Kingdom: "Everytime We Touch", "Truly Madly Deeply" (originally by Savage Garden),"Miracle" and "A Neverending Dream" (originally by X-Perience)all of which gained top 10 status apart from "A Neverending Dream", which charted at #46. The U.S. saw the re-release of "Miracle" shortly after "Everytime We Touch"'s breakthrough, receiving high radio rotation and reaching the lower ends of the U.S. charts. Their album Everytime We Touch has experienced success in the UK Album chart where it remained up in the top forty for twenty-four weeks, peaking at #2.he album experienced success on the U.S. charts as well. The success of the album gained them two World Music Award nominations, winning them World's Best-Selling German Artist. Additionally, the album has sold over 5 million copies world-wide.





No comments:

Post a Comment